young khachab rinpoche a terton?

Adamantine
Former staff member

young khachab rinpoche a terton?

Post by Adamantine »

I am just interested in details of this statement from the website: "Younge Khachab Rinpoche is the Younge family lineage holder, a treasure-revealer, and a true non-sectarian scholar and Dzogchen yogi."

If he is a terton, has he been teaching, giving wangs for, or in any way propagating his terma? All the wangs I've seen advertised with him have been from prior termas, so I am wondering more about what his terma is and if he transmits it.
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
username

Re: young khachab rinpoche a terton?

Post by username »

Tulku Thondup's book explains why many terma are private or for a few or have to wait.
http://www.youtube.com/user/nwtca#g/u" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
DannyDevitoFan

Post by DannyDevitoFan »

After stumbling upon a youtube video of Khachab Rinpoche, I have also become interested in this question. There is indeed an old link on his facebook page for an empowerment for practices from his own terma. Does anyone have further information about his terma? Perhaps one of his students? Compared to other Dzogchen teachers in the United States, there seems to be a dearth of information on the internet about Khachab Rinpoche.
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

I translated for him once. Caveat emptor.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

tingdzin wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:42 am Caveat emptor.
Indeed. Think #metoo
Josef

Post by Josef »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:38 pm
Indeed. Think #metoo
Thirded.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Motova

Post by Motova »

Josef wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:24 pm
Malcolm wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:38 pm
Indeed. Think #metoo
Thirded.
Three strikes.

To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.

Return to “Nyingma”