Nov 1-5: Father Tantric Phurpa Retreat, Esopus, NY

Kunga Leshe

Nov 1-5: Father Tantric Phurpa Retreat, Esopus, NY

Post by Kunga Leshe »

http://bonshenling.org/2011/01/phurpa/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
phantom59

Re: Nov 1-5: Father Tantric Phurpa Retreat, Esopus, NY

Post by phantom59 »

Event : Bon Kilaya Retreat
Date : November 1-5
Venue : The Mount St. Alphonsus
Address : 1001 Broadway, Esopus, NY, United States
Map :
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/place?ci ... kgWTpt3UAQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Website : http://bonshenling.org/2011/01/phurpa/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Programme :
In deep meditation, Tonpa Shenrab transformed into the Phurpa Kilaya, which he named Phurpa Druk Sey Chempa. The upper body of the Phurpa has many faces, and is connected to the dragon and the sky realm. The lower body of the Phurpa is in the triangular shape of a crocodile, and is connected to the Nagas and the water realm. The middle of the Phurpa is wrapped with a snake belt as a point of energetic communication between the lower and higher realms. To bring peace and to relieve of the fear of losing oneself, Tonpa Shenrab, in the form of the Phurpa, transforms into a hawk and dances, circling and flying to look for negative energy to pounce on, consume and purify. At other times the energy of the Phurpa transforms into a wolf dancing. This gets the total attention of any negative energies which are completely and swiftly subjugated.

The Phurpa is one of the most potent Bon teachings of the five male energetic tantric deities. By guiding the wisdom energy of one-pointed focus through this spiritual implement, a practitioner can quickly transform and balance negative energy with the focused intensity of a thunderbolt. This most powerful energy can help us handle peoples negative energy, dissolve our own internal fears and life struggles, as well as, greatly strengthen our healing energies. Transforming our energy into Phurpa energy is simple, powerful and quick. With such strengthened energy, it becomes easy to dissolve any negative energies or imbalances that are causing harm to ourselves, others, our community or the environment. The era in which Tonpa Shenrab was pursuing his spiritual path was similar to our own in that it was filled with much individual and social suffering and chaos.

Tonpa Shenrab realized that as peoples fears become stronger and more stable, they become “two-faced”: Internally, our fears create low energy, sickness, despair, and become difficult to rid ourselves of, so we look in a different direction. We come to believe that our fears are created by others, projecting the source of our fears outward. As this mistaken externalizing of fears strengthens, it creates deep distrust among people, disrupting society and turning friends into enemies.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Anybody who visits here, if you get the chance, go down to Hyde Park from Broadway and visit the grounds of the Vanderbilt mansion. From in front to the mansion, on the grounds, take the little road that loops down behind the mansion and goes to the water on the grounds. It brings you to a little park right on the Hudson river, with breathtaking views. A few minutes to the north there is a State Park with probably a 5 or so mile long hiking trail that runs directly along the side of the river (just a few feet from the river bank), from South to North. The trail issues out into more State owned land with another beautiful mansion, great views over the river, etc. Access to these areas is free. If you want to tour the mansions you have to pay. These are great places to bring a lunch. I've never been to the building where they are holding the teachings, but I'm familiar with the area.

Kevin
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

So am I-born and raised in Po-Town. That area is beautiful. Never been to that specific building either, as far as I know...
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

conebeckham wrote:So am I-born and raised in Po-Town. That area is beautiful. Never been to that specific building either, as far as I know...
Po-town! Do you ever come back around Cone? I live north of Po-town. I used to take some martial arts in Lagrange.

Kevin
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Every few years....but enough about me! :smile:
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Well give me a message if you come back to the area. We can meet up. :)

Kevin

Return to “North America (USA & Canada)”