Drink Water

Discuss any health or dietary topics which lie outside mainstream Western medical thinking, from Ayurveda to Reiki.
edearl

Drink Water

Post by edearl »

It is not exactly alternative medicine, but is something everyone can do, drink 4 liters of water a day. Many people are dehydrated, and their health suffers because of it. Drinking enough water is especially important when a person is sick, unless otherwise instructed by a doctor. I was once hospitalized with pancreatitis, and the doctor would not let me drink water or eat. They hydrated me via IV therapy.
HHDL: "My confidence in venturing into science lies in my basic belief that as in science so in Buddhism, understanding the nature of reality is pursued by means of critical investigation: if scientific analysis were conclusively to demonstrate certain claims in Buddhism to be false, then we must accept the findings of science and abandon those claims."
ronnewmexico

Re: Drink Water

Post by ronnewmexico »

In some schools of thought.............. drinking water in quantity if one has a diet of highly concentrated content such as meats fats and such things(a western diet) is a great great thing to do.

It is also thought that to do so if one has say a tropical diet high in fruits and vegetables of the not concentrated sort, melons and such things, to do so would be quite delibitating.

So I would keep that in mind.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
edearl

Post by edearl »

If your urine is light yellow you probably get enough water, if dark, you probably need to drink more water.
HHDL: "My confidence in venturing into science lies in my basic belief that as in science so in Buddhism, understanding the nature of reality is pursued by means of critical investigation: if scientific analysis were conclusively to demonstrate certain claims in Buddhism to be false, then we must accept the findings of science and abandon those claims."
Kyosan

Post by Kyosan »

My father used to get bladder infections. His physician told him that if he drank plenty of water that would make getting them much less likely.
:namaste:
Madeliaette
Location: Currently in Sussex, England. Formerly in Wollongong, Australia.

Post by Madeliaette »

My father calls me a nag for continuously topping up his water glass and keeps telling me he cannot fit so much fluid in (probably as he eats 6 times daily) yet he gets through less than a liter water per day. most of his fluid is in the form of tea, coffee, wine, beer - things that dehydrate. It worries me at times, being his carer, but I just cannot get him to drink more water. I tried a natural ingredient cordial, rice milk, etc - but he just doesnt feel able to drink enough.

Having spent more than 2 decades in Australia, the climate out there taught me the benefits of drinking plenty of water, so I make sure I drink at least 1.5 liters per day, more in summer, here too. Out there, in summer, I needed to drink 2-3 liters a day. I just feel healthier if I drink plenty of water (has to be bottled, as I get ill from tap water).
edearl

Post by edearl »

Madeliaette wrote:My father calls me a nag for continuously topping up his water glass and keeps telling me he cannot fit so much fluid in (probably as he eats 6 times daily) yet he gets through less than a liter water per day. most of his fluid is in the form of tea, coffee, wine, beer - things that dehydrate. It worries me at times, being his carer, but I just cannot get him to drink more water. I tried a natural ingredient cordial, rice milk, etc - but he just doesnt feel able to drink enough.

Having spent more than 2 decades in Australia, the climate out there taught me the benefits of drinking plenty of water, so I make sure I drink at least 1.5 liters per day, more in summer, here too. Out there, in summer, I needed to drink 2-3 liters a day. I just feel healthier if I drink plenty of water (has to be bottled, as I get ill from tap water).
Fluids like tea, coffee, wine and beer contribute to our water intake and subsequent output that removes toxins; though, they may not be ideal, they are better than nothing.

Most bottled water is filtered tap water. It is much nicer on the environment to filter your own water, or to buy bottled water where you can reuse the container. The last place I worked had a bottled water company provide their bottled water by filtering tap water that supplied all the water fountains already owned by the company, instead of supplying those five gallon bottles plus stands to let people get cups of bottled water.
wisdom

Post by wisdom »

Look up "do it yourself water distillation". Its really easy to make. You buy two large pots, connect them with a tube, and boil water in one. It distills into the other giving you water free from 99.99% of toxins. You could make a few gallons in a day and use it for cooking and drinking throughout the week.

Brita water filters don't remove all things, nor is bottled water ideal because its in plastic. That plastic is transported in trucks that might not have cooling, and when it gets to a certain temperature can release chemicals into the water. Plus not all filtering methods are created equal. Distilled water is the best, and uses the same system that nature does to make rain.
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

I agree with Ron. My thunder chief.
It’s eye blinking.
edearl

Post by edearl »

wisdom wrote:Look up "do it yourself water distillation". Its really easy to make. You buy two large pots, connect them with a tube, and boil water in one. It distills into the other giving you water free from 99.99% of toxins. You could make a few gallons in a day and use it for cooking and drinking throughout the week.

Brita water filters don't remove all things, nor is bottled water ideal because its in plastic. That plastic is transported in trucks that might not have cooling, and when it gets to a certain temperature can release chemicals into the water. Plus not all filtering methods are created equal. Distilled water is the best, and uses the same system that nature does to make rain.
It is easier on the environment to use a solar still to make potable water. See:
http://www.builditsolar.com/Projects/Wa ... stillation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.appropedia.org/Solar_distillation_TB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.builditsolar.com/Projects/Co ... rating.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Be sure to take mineral supplements if you drink distilled water, rain water, or snow melt water. Water from aquifers contains essential minerals which benefit your health.
Thug4lyfe

Post by Thug4lyfe »

Da problem with drankin 2 much crunk juice (water) is that your bursting after a bus trip or drive home from work! Surly holding dat in isn't good for your tracts? :(
Sherab

Post by Sherab »

I read once that there was a woman who took drinking water to the extreme (can't remember how exactly how many litres a day but I think it was around 10 litres) and became blind as a result.
laurahill

Post by laurahill »

I drink almost 10 glass of water in per day..I think it is sufficient for me..drinking 3-4 liters of water remove toxins from the body and prevent dehydration and constipation.

Return to “Alternative Health”