Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

krodha

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by krodha »

alpha wrote:When it comes to doing the SMS the explanation of various practices contained in Precious Vase one has to do is very sparse and incomplete.

Ex. In the investigation on" How one is beguiled by Diverse secondary causes" there is only one paragraph of 6 or 7 lines .That's it...There is no more of how you should investigate and how you formulate in your head this investigation....
Or another example is Kumbaka....I honestly do not understand how you do it...

And these practices are among many others who seem vague and incomplete.

So the question is how one studies the P.V for the SMS when the information given is incomplete...?

Yeeeah.....How do you practice Kumbaka from a book :thinking: ??????
Because formulating an investigation in your head IS being beguiled. The practice is to remain relaxed and present, in this present moment... whatever arises you just let it be as it is... and go as it goes, and that includes thoughts. It does itself. "You" don't have to "do" anything.

All the practices are supports to help you do the main practice if you can't seem to. None of them are necessary. Be careful of the SMS too just because people can read and recite facts from the precious vase doesn't mean they KNOW the teaching. It's like reading and reciting baseball statistics, doesn't mean you know anything about the ins and outs of playing the game on the field.

Kumbaka isn't necessary either. It's a secondary practice. Like yantra yoga, like guru yoga, like any of it... they're all methods.

If you can see what you're being pointed to, and rest in that, it will do the work for you... all effort (though it may be needed on some levels) is ultimately misleading... and if you don't know when to let go of the practice.. or know what you're looking for in the practice. Then you're lost.

Someone told me something that helped me tremendously when i first started all this... and they said it even before i started. They said "never stray from the basic message... don't get caught up in the bullshit"

wise words.
MalaBeads

Post by MalaBeads »

Wise post.

Thanks for being here.
I am well aware of my idiocy. I am also very aware that you too are an idiot. Therein lies our mutuality.
florin

Post by florin »

I need to know this.

Having received all the usual lungs Rinpoche gives at the end of webcasts what would be the DAILY commitments i have to keep?
Do i have any samaya that i have to be aware of?
If i have broken any samaya can it be repaired with OM BENZA SATO SAMAYA.MANUPALAYA........given that i have reeived the DORJE SEMPA empowerment,lung and explanation............?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

alpha wrote:I need to know this.

Having received all the usual lungs Rinpoche gives at the end of webcasts what would be the DAILY commitments i have to keep?
Do i have any samaya that i have to be aware of?
If i have broken any samaya can it be repaired with OM BENZA SATO SAMAYA.MANUPALAYA........given that i have reeived the DORJE SEMPA empowerment,lung and explanation............?

Guru Yoga is the only commitment. And that is super easy to maintain.

N
Pero

Post by Pero »

alpha wrote:If i have broken any samaya can it be repaired with OM BENZA SATO SAMAYA.MANUPALAYA........given that i have reeived the DORJE SEMPA empowerment,lung and explanation............?
Yes.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

I've wondered for a while if ChNN recommends that his students practice Vajrasattva (with the customary 21 or more repetitions of the long mantra, etc) every day to mend samaya, or if it is more customary in the DC to rely solely on guruyoga in terms of daily practice. Either way, do any of you other ChNN students do Vajrasattva daily too?
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Pero

Post by Pero »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:I've wondered for a while if ChNN recommends that his students practice Vajrasattva (with the customary 21 or more repetitions of the long mantra, etc) every day to mend samaya, or if it is more customary in the DC to rely solely on guruyoga in terms of daily practice. Either way, do any of you other ChNN students do Vajrasattva daily too?
He doesn't recommend anything. Though I have periods when I do Vajrasatva daily, in general I don't do it daily. I try to do Narag Tongtrug three times a month.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:way, do any of you other ChNN students do Vajrasattva daily too?

No.

N
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Pero wrote: I try to do Narag Tongtrug three times a month.
Hmmmmnnnn... I don't remember receiving a transmission of that from ChNN before, is it not one he normally gives at the end of retreats?
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Adamantine wrote:
Hmmmmnnnn... I don't remember receiving a transmission of that from ChNN before, is it not one he normally gives at the end of retreats?

He used to give it more -- now only rarely.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Namdrol wrote:
Adamantine wrote:

He used to give it more -- now only rarely.
Yeah, in the teachings I participated the past five years he gave it about three times only.
- Shabkar
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Does anyone know if Rinpoche gave the Narag Tongtrug transmission during this retreat?

OPEN WEBCAST with Choegyal Namkhai Norbu from Tenerife, Spain

Date:

November 11th-17th, 2011.

Tenerife, Spain

http://shangshunginstitute.net/webcast/video.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[email protected]

Ati Yoga Retreat of Rigdzin jangchub Dorje's terma "Nyangyud Khorva Dongtruk (Tib. Snyan-rgyud khor-ba dong-sprug).
Or if he gave any of the Lungs for the main Protectors?

(With the Protectors, isn't having received Dzogchen Transmission period, enough to work with the Protectors; considering that they're part of the Tun?)

If no one knows, then I'll try to listen to the replay soon and report back.
florin

Post by florin »

Pero wrote:
alpha wrote:What is one allowed to practice if one has only taken part in world wide transmission of Adzom Drukpa?
Does she or he have the permission to practice the most essential G.Y(with white A, S.o.V and dedication)?
Yes you can do that. I think you could also do like medium tun till and including the GY of Padmasambhava in the form of Nangsid Zilnon.
@Lhug-Pa...
This is the answer i got when actually asking the same question.
It seems that by only receiving WWT you are not yet to practice the protectors.
When it comes to TUN you can only practice up until the protectors section.

If i understood it correctly..........
Pero

Post by Pero »

You can't practice what comes after the GY of Padmasambhava because you haven't receive lung for those mantras during the WWT. Rinpoche always gives those during teaching retreats though. And also I was talking about Medium Tun, there are also long and short tun. In any case don't worry about the guardians too much. Rinpoche often says something to sense of people should just try to be good practitioners and keep their samaya and the guardians will take care of them without doing any particular guardian practice.
- Shabkar
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Okay I see. Well then I'll go back and listen to the replay of the last day of the retreat I posted above, and if Rinpoche didn't give the said Lungs there, then I'll just have to be patient.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

He did. He gave lung for all protectors including long invocations for all. As for your third question, all mantras require individual transmission, but you have received those.
Lhug-Pa wrote:Does anyone know if Rinpoche gave the Narag Tongtrug transmission during this retreat?

Or if he gave any of the Lungs for the main Protectors?

(With the Protectors, isn't having received Dzogchen Transmission period, enough to work with the Protectors; considering that they're part of the Tun?)

If no one knows, then I'll try to listen to the replay soon and report back.
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Thanks. I'd figured that he did. Just wasn't listening for them specifically when I attended the live Webcast, which is probably why I didn't remember.

Does anyone remember if he gave Lungs for Avalokitesvara Korwa Tongtrug and/or Narag Tongtrug at that retreat?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Lhug-Pa wrote:
Does anyone remember if he gave Lungs for Avalokitesvara Korwa Tongtrug and/or Narag Tongtrug at that retreat?
Both.
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Excellent. Thanks again.

I should listen to the replay to refresh my memory anyhow.

Rinpoche gave some great practical advice for most of the Lungs, and in general, on the day of that retreat/webcast.
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

I finally got to see the movie "My Reincarnation". Such a good movie that I felt had a lot of sincerity behind it.

I found it cool that the old member from e-sangha, sunsimao got some footage time too.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu

Return to “Dzogchen”