Slideshow: Plight of Kagyu Nuns in Sikkim

PadmaVonSamba

Slideshow: Plight of Kagyu Nuns in Sikkim

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

Hello friends.
I want to share with you a situation concerning the plight of some Kagyu nuns in Sikkim, and I have prepared a short photo story.
Spoiler alert: at the end of this (below the last photo) is a link to some other fund raising efforts to help these sisters.
But I don't want to violate any spam rules here, so just enjoy the show.
http://artclix.com/vajra/slideshow/anistory00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you can also contact me for more information.
Thanks for watching!
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
fishman

Re: Slideshow: Plight of Kagyu Nuns in Sikkim

Post by fishman »

so very motivating!! new to the site and the first post i have read, i have just finished the refuge and starting the ngondro. amazing how they still want to practice in such conditions, and i moan when im tired after work.

my thoughts are with them
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

fishman wrote:so very motivating!! new to the site and the first post i have read, i have just finished the refuge and starting the ngondro. amazing how they still want to practice in such conditions, and i moan when im tired after work.

my thoughts are with them
Thank you. They are very devoted, and as funds trickle in, construction continues on their new facility. I think people generally don't donate as much to nuns as they do to monks, or rather, they do not contribute as generously to facilities for nuns. To me this is ironic because most of the women there (in the slideshow) have no family to support them, and no income. Young women in that situation often end up being victims of the sex trade, whereas young men not as much. So, they really need a lot of support. Training as nuns will provide them with an education and, if you consider being a lama a useful skill, then also a good means of making it through life. Thanks for your kind thoughts.
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
fishman

Post by fishman »

:)

Return to “Kagyu”