Dbu ma rtsa ba shes rab kyi 'grel pa 'thad pai rgyan

A forum for those wishing to discuss Buddhist history and teachings in the Western academic manner, referencing appropriate sources.
Pema Rigdzin

Dbu ma rtsa ba shes rab kyi 'grel pa 'thad pai rgyan

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Namdrol (and others),

I came upon this text, Dbu ma rtsa ba shes rab kyi 'grel pa 'thad pai rgyan by Rma bya Byang chub Brtson 'grus, published with an English translation as Ornament of Reason. It appears to be a line by line commentary by Rma bya of the Mulamadhyamaka-karikas, and since its author is Sakya and I've become quite a fan of Gorampa's Madhyamaka, I thought it might be in a similar vein and worth reading.

Any familiarity with this text and/or this particular translation? If so, do you recommend it?
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Malcolm

Re: Dbu ma rtsa ba shes rab kyi 'grel pa 'thad pai rgyan

Post by Malcolm »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:Namdrol (and others),

I came upon this text, Dbu ma rtsa ba shes rab kyi 'grel pa 'thad pai rgyan by Rma bya Byang chub Brtson 'grus, published with an English translation as Ornament of Reason. It appears to be a line by line commentary by Rma bya of the Mulamadhyamaka-karikas, and since its author is Sakya and I've become quite a fan of Gorampa's Madhyamaka, I thought it might be in a similar vein and worth reading.

Any familiarity with this text and/or this particular translation? If so, do you recommend it?

Good read. Pre-sectarian Tibetan Madhyamaka.

N
Pema Rigdzin

Re: Dbu ma rtsa ba shes rab kyi 'grel pa 'thad pai rgyan

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Namdrol wrote:
Pema Rigdzin wrote:Namdrol (and others),

Good read. Pre-sectarian Tibetan Madhyamaka.

N
Cool, thanks a lot.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman

Return to “Academic Discussion”