Chatting About Astrology

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Virgo

Chatting About Astrology

Post by Virgo »

heart wrote:
Namdrol wrote:
Jnana wrote: Tsele Natsok Rangdröl indicates otherwise. The Circle of the Sun:...

Honestly, I think this analysis by this master is a bit misleading
Yes, of course you do Namdrol. For you everything have to be separated as high or low. It is an intellectual discipline you probably nurtured for many lifetimes.
/magnus
He is a Virgo (ascendant). It is his natural inclination to analyze in a critical way to organize the complex myre of Buddhist ideas. It's his strong point and he can see subtle naunce that many times others cannot.

Let me give you a tip-- whenever you really want to understand a subject, especially one that is very complex, find a master of that subject who has Virgo placed in his or her ascendant or moon etc. This kind of person puts the majority of their energy into analysis. When I mean analysis, I mean detailed freakin analysis. I don't mean petty petty non-Virgoan analysis.

A lot of people just can't keep up with Virgoan analysis. It'd too deep, too calculating, too insightful, too dedicated, and way too freakin' fast for them. In short, they are experts at analyzing. For example, those people who wrote the texts refuting schools because of their usage of alaya without properly understanding the specific usage of the terminology used, those people were not Virgos. They were failed analysts.

We need Virgos.

Kevin
heart

Re: Mahāmudrā & Dzogchen

Post by heart »

Virgo wrote:
We need Virgos.

Kevin
My master is a virgo :smile: , but I think it don't matters that much for you or Namdrol.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Virgo

Re: Mahāmudrā & Dzogchen

Post by Virgo »

heart wrote:
Virgo wrote:
We need Virgos.

Kevin
My master is a virgo :smile: , but I think it don't matters that much for you or Namdrol.

/magnus
His penchant for and analysis will depend on many factors. Just being a virgo doesn't mean much. For example, where it is placed is important, if it is badly aspected by malefic planets, debilitated, etc (certainly not saying your masters is in any way-- just giving examples of how the placements come into play).

Kevin
Virgo

Re: Chatting About Astrology

Post by Virgo »

It's only the most important secondary science, and therefore very relevant in any Buddhist topic.

But, if you want to move it, or if people choose not to accept it, that's fine. I don't really care.

Kevin
Beatzen

Post by Beatzen »

I'm a Virgo, but I hate analyzing. I try to analyze my analyzing, so that I stop analyzing. It keeps me occupied.

I feel like a crazy monkey.

I had my whole chart done a few years ago.

I'm Virgo sun with Sagittarius moon.

[edit] Do the Japanese have their own astrological system? Of course, Indians do, I be know'n that.

I'd also love to learn more about Tibetan astrology.
"Cause is not before and Effect is not after"
- Eihei Dogen Zenji
KathyLauren

Post by KathyLauren »

I don't believe any of that astrology stuff. But I am a virgo, and I am a pretty good analyst. Go figure. :shrug: :alien:

Om mani padme hum
Keith
AlexanderS

Post by AlexanderS »

I am a Virgo ascendant. I've generally in my life fit the bill of that kind of person. My sun sign is Gemini, and moon sign leo.

The combination makes me too much of a mental person.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

I am a Cancer rising (in the second decant of Scorpio). Sun is in Taurus and moon is in Virgo.

Kevin
Konchog1

Post by Konchog1 »

I'm a Gemini, what does ascendant mean?
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Konchog1 wrote:I'm a Gemini, what does ascendant mean?
The Ascendant, or Rising Sign

The Sign rising over the horizon at the time of your birth is called the Ascendant, or Rising Sign. This, the first house of the horoscope, changes approximately every two hours. Even twins born as little as five minutes apart could have different ascendants, which would make a real difference in their horoscopes and so in their personalities.

The Rising Sign governs your outer personality, disposition and physical attributes, notably your appearance, carriage and general outlook. It represents your self-image and, to a considerable extent, how others see you. The sign and condition of the ascendant also affects your strength, vitality, health issues and the types of illnesses you may experience. Its influence is powerful, but may be modified by any planets rising and the condition of the ruling planet. The placement of the Luminaries (Sun and Moon) and how they aspect the ascendant also affect the appearance.

The Rising Sign rules the first house, so its ruling planet is usually designated the ruler of the horoscope. Unless poorly aspected or otherwise weak in comparison with other important planets, such as the planet ruling your Sun Sign (the Sun-ruler), this ruling planet is the most important one in your chart.
--http://www.astrologycom.com/asc.html

Kevin
Konchog1

Post by Konchog1 »

Ok I think I'm Leo Ascendant. What does Gemini Leo Ascendant mean? Read me please.
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Konchog1 wrote:Ok I think I'm Leo Ascendant. What does Gemini Leo Ascendant mean? Read me please.
Honestly, a persons whole chart must be look at in to determine anything sound.

Cavaet: I am somewhat of a novice astrologer. Not exactly a novice but not an expert by any means. I started studying astrology 15 years ago and went into some depth at that time and then put it down for a few years. I picked it up again a number of times in the past 15 years and learned more and more each time. Recently I have been studying it more in depth, and trying to study other astrological systems as well, as time permits.

I can certainly give you a brief reading if you provide birth info.

All the best,

Kevin
Beatzen

Post by Beatzen »

I don't think the buddha believed in astrology.

But, on second thought, why do monastics follow astrological signs to relocate the reincarnations of great teachers?

puzzling.
"Cause is not before and Effect is not after"
- Eihei Dogen Zenji
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Beatzen wrote:But, on second thought, why do monastics follow astrological signs to relocate the reincarnations of great teachers?

puzzling.
It is one of the traditional five secondary Buddhist sciences or fields of study.

Kevin
Kai

Post by Kai »

Virgo wrote: We need Virgos.
I'm not sure about that......I'm a Virgo that argued with almost all the Virgos around here. Hell, most Virgos disagree with one another on many stuffs.

Return to “Lounge”