Eyes

Discussion of meditation in the Mahayana and Vajrayana traditions.
SteveP

Re: Eyes

Post by SteveP »

Following the adice by PadmaVonSamba, about listening: I did this but with my eyes closed. I listened to all that was around me, but attempted to attached no thought to it. Thoughts came and went, and I ignored them, I just kept on listening. It worked the first time I tried it. I did it later on and it worked again.

I am very happy about this, and so I will keep on doing this every day. I am mediatating for fifteen minutes, I hope to get up to 30. I used to do thirty, but recent life changes reduced my time. I think three thirt minute sessions a day would be very nice.

Thank you all.

Love Steve
Paul

Post by Paul »

You may be interested in a particular section of the Surangama Sutra that describes Avalokiteshvara's experience in meditating on sound:

http://www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/surangama.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

See pages 191 to 202.
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell
SteveP

Post by SteveP »

Thats great, thanks very much. I shall read it tonight

Steve

Return to “Meditation”