Buddhism Android Apps

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
DarkRain

Buddhism Android Apps

Post by DarkRain »

Hi All

I would like to share what I've found in the Android Market (if you have an Android smartphone) - some free nice and useful Buddhism apps that are available. If you are like me who like to be reminded of the teachings of the Buddha all the time and like to mediate / contemplate, then I hope you will appreciate these apps. These apps are all installed in my phone.

Buddhism Amitabha Free by SkyD - good for Buddha Comtemplation / Recitation Meditation
Buddhism Om Mani Padme Hung by SkyD
Buddhism Great Dharani by SkyD
GreatDharani Male voice free by SkyD
Mindfulness Bell by Mindful Apps
Hello Dharma School by Jogye Order of Korean Buddhiam (JOKB) - good for kids
Access to Insight by Samui Interactive - this is the offline version of the Pali Canon (Theravada) website - you can bring with you the suttas whereever you go.

And an app that is somewhat related to the path: Tao Te Ching by Barclay Osborn

If you have found other good Buddhism apps, please do share. Thank you.

May you all find this helpful and be happy.
karuna

Buddhist Memory game for Android

Post by karuna »

For those who have an Android smartphone, maybe you would enjoy this game https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... ryGameLite" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It was made to offer something to Buddhist practitioners and sympathizers (free lite version), and to support charitable and Dharma activities (the full 1$ version). Hope you like it :smile:
amilaik

Re: Buddhism Android Apps

Post by amilaik »

I found one too ... its a shrine room with some good audio tracks and images. but most of all i love the ability to put flowers on the screen by touching .... hehe nice feature !!!

Its called the Buddhist Blessing Shrine ... and its only S$ 0.99 ... which is pretty cheap for a service like this .... https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... ist.shrine

:buddha2: :buddha1:
SquareWide

Re: Buddhism Android Apps

Post by SquareWide »

Hi,

See "Buddhism Free" for Android by SquareWide on Google Play: Buddhism App :rolling:
Or..
If you want the full version it's here on Google Play: Buddhism

It was made by someone really into Buddhism (me).
I think it has a lot more to offer than most other apps on this topic (especially the full version).

- Fundamentals
- Entire Dhammapada Translation which is over 300 quotes
- 21 Lamrim Meditations

Please let me know what you think. I'm very much open to ideas.
I mean it! Email me.

Return to “Media”