New PM email

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
Paul

New PM email

Post by Paul »

Is there any way to have an alert sent to my email account if I have a new PM? Or a new reply to a thread I've posted in?

Basically, the old system at E-Sangha which was able to do both was pretty cool - is there a way to replicate it here?

Thanks
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Re: New PM email

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Paul,

It's been tried here and at Dhamma Wheel, but we can't work out why the e-mail engine won't work, even when the admin settings are set the same way as they are at Zen Forum International (whose e-mail function works), which uses phpBB3 software too.

Accordingly we suspect some incompatibility with the board software and the ISP's platform (the ISP set-up being the only variable in our set-up relative to ZFI's).

Apologies for the technically imprecise description of events...

Maitri,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.
Paul

Re: New PM email

Post by Paul »

Hmm, that's a shame. :(
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell

Return to “Suggestion Box”