Search Terms?

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
LightSeed

Search Terms?

Post by LightSeed »

I'm confused about the search box. Every term I try to search is too common. I understand, there are tens of thousands of posts here and several hundred of them I'm sure deal with "rebirth" for instance. If I'm interested in reading the most recent discussions on "rebirth" I have to pair it with another search term, such as "rebirth questions" and then I get too few results. I feel like I'm missing something.....?
"Monks, a statement endowed with five factors is well-spoken, not ill-spoken. It is blameless & unfaulted by knowledgeable people. Which five?

"It is spoken at the right time. It is spoken in truth. It is spoken affectionately. It is spoken beneficially. It is spoken with a mind of good-will."

— AN 5.198
LightSeed

Re: Search Terms?

Post by LightSeed »

Nevermind, answered my own question by reading this post over at Dhamma Wheel:

http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.ph ... ead#unread" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gives some great tips on using google to search the forums.
"Monks, a statement endowed with five factors is well-spoken, not ill-spoken. It is blameless & unfaulted by knowledgeable people. Which five?

"It is spoken at the right time. It is spoken in truth. It is spoken affectionately. It is spoken beneficially. It is spoken with a mind of good-will."

— AN 5.198
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

Something you might find useful: The search function sometimes kicks you to an SQL error page. Often, simply redoing the same search will work.
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
LightSeed

Post by LightSeed »

Good to know! Thank you! Love the avatar, by the way.

— AN 5.198
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

I like yours too. But it gives me this strange urge to run outside and chase things!
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
LightSeed

Post by LightSeed »

:rolling:

— AN 5.198

Return to “Suggestion Box”