Tanpai Rinpoche at Yogaville

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
DGA
Former staff member

Tanpai Rinpoche at Yogaville

Post by DGA » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:50 pm

http://integralyogaprograms.org/2011/08 ... -the-soul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Join Master Tanpai Rinpoche — the Rinpoche of the White Monastery in Kathamandu, Nepal — for this introductory, yet intensive workshop on how to attain enlightenment and experience the great liberation and ultimate freedom of the soul.

In this workshop we will explore the unity and essence of all religions along with the teachings on the divine technique of purification and transformation. We will seek an understanding of the wisdom of enlightenment as we discuss methods of putting it into practice. We will also delve into the Universal Loving Heart and acknowledge our responsibility to seek not only our own liberation but the liberation of all.

After being bathed in the presence and wisdom of this true Tibetan master, you will return home lighter and more grounded on your spiritual quest for wisdom and for freedom of the soul.
What's going on here?

Malcolm

Re: Tanpai Rinpoche at Yogaville

Post by Malcolm » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Jikan wrote:
What's going on here?
Marketing.
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Free of hope and fear, relax.
Human life spent in
a state of great spaciousness is enjoyable.

— Kunzang Dechen Lingpa

Tilopa

Post by Tilopa » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:58 pm

More here:

http://www.omahhum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

heart

Post by heart » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:12 pm

The "White Monastery in Kathamandu, Nepal" is obviously not Ka-Nying Shedrup Ling that normally is referred to as "the great white monastery". He don't look Tibetan either.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Pero

Post by Pero » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:26 pm

Screams fake to me.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:31 pm

I should have been clearer at the start: I don't know much about this teacher except from what I've heard and read from Yogaville (they contacted me about this event). The promotional copy on the website looks like it's written by someone who practices yoga and doesn't know much about Buddhism, but is earnest.